Match Report 23/9/12


Coming from two opening victories the boys were in good spirits and ready to take on a strong Rothwell team. The team lined up with Evan Clarke in goal, Ethan and Evan S at the back, Danny, Louie and Will made up the mid field and Ben up front. Ossett kicked off the game and as expected it was a tight game with neither team giving much away. Rothwell made the first break after an intercepted pass and landed the ball in the back of the net. 0-1.

Evan was as alert as ever in the goal and when ball fell between him and a Rothwell striker he managed to clear it to avoid any danger. Ossett had the next chance in the game after a hard shot from Danny on goal but the shot was slightly wide of the target and was lost in the woods. Rothwell were straight back on it as they take another great shot which was saved by a ‘flying’ Evan. The boys looked good and they made another charge which resulted in Ossett having four players on to one but the Rothwell keeper managed to save it from going in the back of the net. Ossett showed some signs of passing the ball which has been at the forefront of the training sessions and after putting this in to practice within the game they showed what could be achieved. Will and Ethan did a well executed switch that then left an opening in the Rothwell side, Evan seized this opportunity and managed to get the ball to Ben who had a shot which was again saved by the keeper but a quick thinking Louie ran in to tap it in after the keeper spilled it 1-1 half time


Second half.

Rothwell kicked off in this evenly matched game and the boys still seemed to be up for the challenge. Rothwell got the break and turned this straight in to a goal 2-1.

Ossett kicked off and a great diagonal ball cut through the Rothwell team but a determined Louie was unable to redirect it to the back of the net. Evan S and Ethan got caught up in some fantastic defensive work at the back but with Rothwell putting some strong passes together they managed to walk away with the win

Final score 1-4


Man of the match- Danny Wassell